Message from Dr. Bhagwat
The COVID-19 pandemic has brought many changes to the dental community, but one thing has remained the same: All of us at the office are committed to your safety, health and well-being. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to the office. Below you will find information on additional safety protocols and equipment upgrades that we have invested in to keep our patients and staff safe. We will continue to monitor the situation and will update this page as needed based on information received from public health and regulatory bodies.Thank you for allowing us to be your partner in health!
-- Gauri Bhagwat, DDS
Screening and Social Distancing Protocols
- Staff members will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and have their temperature checked daily. Staff will also take a COVID-19 test at regular intervals. Any staff members experiencing flu-like symptoms will be required to stay home and not come to work.
- We will contact you before your appointment to ask COVID-19 screening questions. You will be asked these questions again when you arrive at the office.
- We will reschedule the appointments of any patients with COVID-19 like symptoms or who have been in contact with a COVID-19 patient within the past two weeks.
- If you have been diagnosed with or been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 we will request physician clearance before scheduling your appointment.
- We are spacing out your appointments and doing phone check-ins to allow for social distancing between patients.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please call the office (408 725 0335) from your car to make sure we are ready for you before you come inside.
- Please do not bring any companions to your appointment in order to limit the number of people within our facility. Children or special needs adults may be accompanied by one parent/care-giver.
- Please cover your noise and mouth with a mask and/or cloth covering while in the office. Please remove your mask only during your procedure.
- As you step inside please use the provided hand-sanitizer to sanitize your hands.
- We will take your temperature with a touchless thermometer. Anyone exhibiting an elevated temperature will need to be rescheduled.
- Please maintain at least 6 ft distance from other persons whenever possible.
- Please allocate extra-time to your appointment to allow for screening protocols.
Additional Safety Precautions
Our office has always followed and continues to follow safety guidelines issued by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). As we reopen here are the existing and new safety features in the office:
• We have installed a UV-C light unit within the duct-work of our central air system to eliminate viruses and bacteria.
• Additionally, we are using a surgical-grade air purifier and portable air filtration units that clean the office air throughout the day and scrub the air in our treatment rooms.
IQ Air Health Pro Plus Air Filtration COVID
IQ Air Health Pro Plus Air Filtration SARS
• Our office is already designed with separate, walled treatment rooms equipped with doors. This ensures that the air in each treatment room is contained and does not mix with the air in other rooms or in the waiting area, enhancing patient and staff safety.
• Each treatment room will be closed and remain unused after a patient visit to allow the air purifier to do 8-10 complete air changes before the next patient is seated in that room.
• Your procedure will include utilizing an Isolite dental isolation system to remove droplets and aerosols at source.
• We will be using a new high-suction power unit (ADS) chair-side for each procedure—to remove droplets and aerosols, enhancing the safety of patients and staff.
• We will ask you to rinse your mouth with an antiviral rinse before your procedure.
• Dr. Bhagwat and staff will be using personal protective equipment including hair covers, N95 respirators, surgical masks, fluid-resistant isolation gowns, face shields and shoe covers or rubber boots.
• Just as always we will continue to clean all the treatment-room surfaces after each patient with hospital-grade disinfectants to kill bacteria, spores and viruses.
• We will regularly decontaminate high contact surfaces in the reception room, bathrooms, door knobs and seat handles.
• We are installing sneeze shields in the reception area.
• We are now equipped for Contact-less payments.
Please be assured that coming to our office is now safer than ever!